Today, the development of fish hook is very rapid. There is a wide variety including stainless steel fishing hooks, alloy steel and carbon materials, and there are many large and small categories. The fish hooks consists of six parts: handle, hook handle, hook bend, hook tip, hook door and hook bottom. Each part has its specific function and is an indispensable tool for fishing.
YIKA provides all kinds of hooks, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The quality of a fishhook can be judged from the following aspects:
1. From the appearance of fishhooks, high-quality fishhooks are generally bright in color and smooth in surface without obvious flaws or cracks. Poor quality hooks may have problems such as scratches, burrs, or dents.
2. Judging from the degree of quenching of the fishhook, high-quality fishhooks are usually subjected to high-temperature quenching treatment, which makes the hook body hard and not easy to deform. The poor quality fishhook may not have been quenched, or the quenching is not uniform enough, which will easily lead to the hook body being too soft or too brittle, thus affecting its service life.
3. From the perspective of the structure of the fishhook, the handle of the high-quality fishhook is generally thicker and the shape is more regular, while the fishhook of poor quality may have problems such as deformation or depression, and the position of the hook tip may not be correct enough. .
4. From the perspective of the structure of the fishhook, the hook tip of a high-quality fishhook is usually sharp and is not easy to be bitten by fish, while a poor-quality fishhook may have problems such as blunt mouth or cracks. At the same time, the position and length of the barb It may also not be reasonable enough.
5. In addition, the quality of the fishhook can also be judged by checking the material, manufacturing process, size and other aspects of the fishhook. And choose the appropriate size and shape of the hook according to the target fish you are catching, and at the same time ensure that the quality of the hook meets the requirements
1. Carbon steel: the most common, cost-effective, but easy to rust.
2. High carbon steel: High carbon content, good durability, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance, but not easy to bend, it is best for making fishhooks.
3. Alloy steel: such as tungsten steel, titanium alloy, etc., which have good sturdiness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance, and have good toughness.
4. Titanium alloy: It is a very good fishing hook material, which has the characteristics of sharpness, corrosion resistance, high toughness and light weight.
5. Aluminum alloy: It is a commonly used fishing hook material, which has the characteristics of light weight, high strength, and corrosion resistance.
6. Manganese alloy: It is a high-strength, high-toughness and wear-resistant fishing hook material, often used in sea fishing.
Fishhooks of different materials have their own advantages and disadvantages, and the specific choice should be considered according to the fishing species, season, climate and other factors.
A good hook size for a novice is a #10-#12. This size hook is small enough to be manageable without being so small that it becomes difficult to use. The smaller size also allows for the use of lighter lines and smaller bait, which is beneficial when fishing for smaller fish.
The #10-#12 hook is also great for beginners because it is sharp and strong. Its small size makes it easier to thread onto the line and it won't bend or break easily. Its sharpness allows it to penetrate the fish's mouth more easily, making it easier to catch a fish.
When fishing with a #10-#12 hook, it's important to be sure that the bait is small enough to fit on the hook. Using too large of a bait can make it difficult to set the hook in the fish's mouth. Additionally, the size of the bait should be appropriate for the size of the fish you are targeting.
Overall, the #10-#12 hook is an excellent choice for a novice angler. It's small and sharp enough to make fishing more manageable, and its size and strength make it easy to use. With a little practice, a beginner can easily become an expert angler with this hook size
Fishing is a pastime enjoyed by people of all ages, but the size of the fishhook you use can make a huge difference when it comes to your success. Whether you’re fishing for small panfish or large bass, the size of the fishhook you use is essential to catching your desired species.
The size of the fishhook you should use depends on the type of fish you’re trying to catch. For smaller species, such as panfish, you’ll need a smaller hook, usually in the range of size 8 to 12. These smaller hooks are ideal for catching smaller fish, as they’re less likely to be swallowed. For larger species, such as bass, you’ll need a larger hook, usually in the range of size 1 to 6. These larger hooks are necessary to ensure the fish doesn’t swallow the bait, as larger fish tend to take bigger bites.
In addition to the size of the fishhook, you should also consider the type of bait you’re using. If you’re using live bait, such as worms, you’ll need a larger hook than if you were using artificial lures. This is because the larger fishhooks are better able to hold the live bait, ensuring that the bait remains in place and the fish can’t swallow it.
Finally, you should consider the type of line you’re using. If you’re using lighter line, such as monofilament, you’ll need a larger hook than if you’re using heavier line, such as braid. This is because the heavier line is able to hold the larger hooks better, ensuring that the bait remains in place and the fish can’t swallow it.
Overall, the size of the fishhook you should use depends on the type of fish you’re trying to catch, the type of bait you’re using, and the type of line you’re using. If you’re unsure which size to use, it’s best to consult a fishing expert or local bait shop. With the right size fishhook, you’ll be sure to have a successful fishing trip.
1. GAMAKATSU HOOKS
Japan GAMAKATSU Co., Ltd. was founded in 1955. When GAMAKATSU was founded, it specialized in the production and management of fishing hooks. Has always been the pursuit of the highest quality products as the goal. To this end, unremitting research and development work has been carried out, and the difficulties have been continuously broken through, and major achievements have been made, so that the quality of GAMAKATSU hooks has been comprehensively improved, reaching the world's advanced level, and has become the most advanced and famous hook manufacturer in Japan. factory. In 1976, it began to produce high-end fishing rod men, and in 1987, it began to produce various fishing clothing and other fishing tackle. Thus becoming a veritable manufacturer of a series of fishing gear products. The production has expanded and the variety has increased, but the purpose and drive to pursue the highest quality of products has remained unswerving. Therefore, it is well known in Japan that GAMAKATSU products mean high-end products. All fishing enthusiasts, from children to the elderly, appreciate and trust the quality of GAMAKATSU products, so they buy them one after another. And GAMAKATSU has never failed the trust of customers.
2. BKK HOOKS
In 2004, we began to OEM for Japanese brands, and got the affirmation of Japanese customers, so we officially began to OEM for Japanese brands. The Japanese side provides professional technology in various aspects. The ingenious combination of BKK's century-old hook-making skills and Japan's advanced hook-making technology has enabled BKK products to make rapid progress in production technology and product quality in just a few years, and has become a Chinese fish brand. The first in the hook industry. During the same period, the export products increased rapidly, 60% of which were exported to Japan, and 20% were exported to developed countries such as Europe, America and Southeast Asia.
3. MARUTO HOOKS
MARUTO is a famous fishhook brand in Japan, and it is also the earliest enterprise in Japan to produce fishhooks. From the production of fishhooks in a manual workshop in 1892 to today's high-tech program-controlled automatic production line, it has developed into a world-class company under the efforts of several generations. Manufacturer of fishhooks.
4. MUSTAD HOOKS
Mustad is a Norwegian fishing hook manufacturer founded in 1877 by Oscar Mustad. The company is credited with many of the inventions and innovations that have revolutionized the fishing industry, including the modern forged fishing hook, the O’Shaughnessy hook, the Mustad Jig, and the circle hook. The company was founded in Gjøvik, Norway, but has since moved its headquarters to Vennesla, Norway. Mustad is known for its wide range of hooks, which are used in both fresh and saltwater fishing. The company is also known for its production of fishing tackle, tools, and accessories. Mustad hooks are available in a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of any angler. The company is a major supplier of hooks to commercial and recreational fishermen around the world.