is a ferocious bottom fish, gluttonous and easy to grow, the largest individual can reach more than 40 kilograms. Catfish like to come out at night, and a considerable part of the time is potentially deep water or stay in the cave, especially after spring, as the temperature continues to rise, to avoid sun exposure, the habit of coming out at night is more obvious.
Catfish are afraid of light and like to live in complex terrains such as rock dams, rock caves, weeds, tree stumps, and tree holes. Catfish like to eat meat, and chicken offal is a soft spot. Catfish’s vision is degraded and eyesight is low, but its sense of hearing and smell is very sensitive, and it is good at preying on live bait. With a few whiskers, the sense of touch, and the olfactory nervous system, the catfish can detect the environment and bait conditions more than ten meters away. The Chu.
(1) Catfish is a wild fish. It is widely distributed in rivers, lakes, streams, ponds, and reservoirs. There are traces of it everywhere. Catfish are also domesticated, but they are smaller. However, wild catfish individuals in natural waters are relatively large, up to more than 30 kilograms.
(2) Catfish is a bottom fish. I usually live in the bottom of the water, ponds, or caves on the shore, among rock crevices, and waters overgrown with water and grass. In the dead of night, I swim to the shore for food, especially when the water is rising. I am active in the muddy water…
(3) Catfish is a ferocious carnivorous fish. Mainly eat small fish, shrimp, loach, and bottom stalk invertebrates, and are very interested in animal internal organs or carrion. Also like to eat earthworms, grasshoppers, horse dung insects, mole crickets, tree worms, frogs, and voles. Often hunt for food in a sudden attack. Appetite is strongest before and after the beginning of autumn. After late autumn, food intake decreases. In winter, they hide in deep pond bottom dwellings. Catfish are particularly interested in fishy food.
(4) Being out of the group, preferring to act alone, being very active when the river is rising, fishing, or when new water is injected, and they come out to swim and forage one after another.
(5) Strong explosive power. When prey is found, it suddenly sprang out from a hidden place or jumped up from the bottom of the water. The action was quite swift and violent, making it impossible to guard against the captured object. It also has excellent flexibility, and the body can rotate 180 degrees.
(6) Afraid of strong light, prefers low light, usually day and night, frequent activities in the middle of the night, and unusually active on cloudy days. Its vision has been basically degraded, but its senses of smell, hearing, and touch are more developed. It mainly relies on tentacles and lateral lines to find food.
(7) It grows fast, and it lays eggs in April to June every year, which can reach 2 to 3 kilograms in three years and 4-8 kilograms in five years. The largest individual of wild catfish in rivers, lakes, and reservoirs can reach 40 kilograms. It has a long life span and can live for more than 100 years.
Weather selection for catfish fishing
Catfish like rainy and rainy weather. Whenever the weather is rainy, the sun is weak, the wind blows and rains, the road is muddy and difficult to walk, there are fewer pedestrians, human factors produce less interference to the water environment, quiet environment, and rainwater rush into the water to increase the amount of prey. The action on the catfish adds concealment and temptation.
Location selection for catfish fishing
Catfish love weak light and are afraid of strong light. They often swim freely in bridgehead culverts, rock gaps near rivers, rock dams, spillway outlets, and natural caves. Under the slabs of water duckweed, water peanuts, and water hyacinth, the catfish breeds offspring. The choice of fishing position is evident.
The perfect fishing spot for catfish is the inlet and outlet of floodwater after heavy rain. The water inlet has good oxygen solubility, which attracts much small fish and shrimps to forage, and the catfish makes full use of this predation environment, often hiding in the water plants and behind the rocks, waiting patiently for the arrival of food.
Catfish fishing bait selection
Catfish like to eat meat. Large catfish, leech, small loach, earthworm, grasshopper, chicken liver, chicken intestine, duck intestine, lamb liver, beef liver, pig liver, etc., are all excellent bait for catfish fishing.
Precautions for fishing catfish
1.The fishing rod must be strong to avoid being dragged away by the fish.
2.Choose a bank with a flat bottom. If you choose to be near the stone dam, the catfish will go into the hole after biting the hook, which will cause inconvenience to the hook.
3.are 16-20 hooks in size. If the hooks are small, they can easily be swallowed into the stomach by catfish. You must bring scissors with you to facilitate fish picking.