1. Generally, it is advisable to choose waters with a depth of 3 to 4 meters. The water color is preferably dark.
2. Select the place where the fish star appears on the water. carp is a bottom-dwelling fish that uses its snout and fins to move the sediment on the bottom of the water and find food from it. This way of foraging will produce a large number of star bubbles. Therefore, the place where such star bubbles often appear on the water can be determined as the foraging place for carp, and there will be great harvests if you hook and fish here.
3. Choose a place with shade on the shore. These places are relatively cool and suitable for carp to “avoid”. Carp likes to swim, play and forage here, which is also a manifestation of its reliance on low light.
4. Choose quieter waters. Carp are timid, alert and suspicious by nature, and are far away from noise. Therefore, when fishing, choosing a quiet place for fishing must be good.
5. Fishing in the morning and evening or at night, in rainy or foggy days. At this time, the fishing position should be selected in the center of the growth of aquatic plants, or in the center with humus near the shore.
6. Select the downwind vent with high dissolved oxygen content. The amount of dissolved oxygen in the upper tuyere is thinner than that in the lower tuyere, and the oxygen-taxis of fish will prompt them to swim toward the leeward tuyere. Moreover, many planktons in the waters are also gathered here under the impetus of the surge, and there is no reason why the fish will not rush to it.
7. Choose waters that are rich in food. The intestines of carp are not thick and relatively short, and they are often digested while eating. They do not eat too much at one time, but they must eat frequently. Therefore, where there is enough food, carp will gather there. Places with lush water plants, water inlets and outlets, Huiwan areas in rivers, unloading docks, slow-flowing places with large currents, places where vegetables are washed, and places where rice is washed are generally rich in food. Carp of course likes to inhabit such places. , these places are also very good fishing spots.
8. At the swirling vortex of the Jianghe Bridge, the shallow water area of 1.5 to 2 meters next to the pier connected to the reservoir. There is more dissolved oxygen here, the water temperature is generally lower than the water temperature in the still water area, and the bait carried by the flowing water is also more, and there are often large carp habitats.
9. Choose where the ditch or small river borders the main road of the reservoir and the river. In the rainy season, the large and small ditches all converge to the main road of the reservoir or the river, and it is the most ideal fishing position where these ditches or small rivers border the main road of the reservoir and the river.
10. Places with more debris on the bottom of the water. Where there are bridge piers, tree stumps, and reefs at the bottom of the water, the water level is generally deep. Especially in summer and winter, these places have become good places for fish to inhabit.
11. The junction of the depth of the water bottom. The places with deep grooves and ridges on the bottom of the water are places where carp like to gather, and it is also the only route for carp to travel, commonly known as “fishway”.
12. Choose a place with flooded farmland. There are submerged fields tens of meters away from the shore of the reservoir, forming a shoal of 1 to 2 meters, and the end of it is the deep water of the main river, where carp frequently enter and exit the intersection of deep and shallow waters to feed.