The carp is an omnivorous fish. It basically eats everything, but it doesn’t eat much. Also, as the weather changes and the water temperature changes, the carp’s appetite will also change. Today, let’s talk about the carp’s eating rules.
The relationship between carp and seasons
In the cold winter, the carp is basically in a semi-dormant state of fasting, and the fat in the body is basically consumed within a winter. When spring arrives, the carp begins to consume high-protein foods to supplement their energy needs fully.
In late autumn, carp must consume enough food to accumulate fat for the winter, mainly eating high-protein foods. Therefore, carp fishing in early spring and late autumn should be based on bait rich in protein, such as earthworms and river prawns.
At the end of spring and early summer, the weather gradually warms up, and the temperature and water temperature gradually increase. The carp’s food intake will obviously increase. Therefore, the quality of the bait at this time is not important, but the quantity is important.
Selection of carp fishing spots
- Choose to be directly in front of the water outlet or on both sides of the water outlet in the gathering place. The place with slow water flow is a good fishing spot for carp fishing. There are three reasons. First, carp likes to flow slowly; second, carp likes low light; third, the food brought in by the water will settle at the junction, and it is easy to find.
- Choose a water temperature of 10-25 degrees Celsius as the best water area for carp. When the temperature is lower than 5 degrees, the carp will stop eating, and when the temperature is lower than 2 degrees, it will enter hibernation. When the temperature is higher than 30 degrees, the carp will move to deeper waters or shade.
- Choose the oxygen content and choose the leeward water area with high oxygen content. The dissolved oxygen in the waters of the upwind vent is thinner than that in the waters of the downwind. Due to the aerobic characteristics of carp, it will encourage them to swim down the tuyere. Therefore, it is more appropriate to choose the leeward water area as a fishing spot.
Three fishing methods for carp
- Hand-pole fishing method, the carp body is vigorously long, and the rod should be more than 5.4 meters, and the fishing rod should not be too hard or too soft. The carp’s struggling force is not very strong, and the fish hook should not be too large. Just use carp hooks 6 and 7. Large floats should be selected, and large floats with strong weight stability.
The correct way to go fishing should be that when a larger fish hits the bait, the angler promptly tilts the rod to the left and right and shakes the fishing rod. Use the elasticity of the fishing rod to make the fish swim left and right.
- The method of casting rod fishing is relatively simple. This method can easily evoke the carp. The key point is to apply bait according to the time. Generally speaking, for small carp, it is more appropriate to choose earthworm bait, while for larger carp, it is more suitable to choose food bait.
- Earthworm fishing method, use earthworm bait for fishing for carp, no matter what season or water area is very suitable. It is best to soak the earthworms with animal blood before loading the bait. The purpose is to increase the colour and smell to attract the carp’s attention.